JOB ANNOUNCEMENT FOR CONFIRMATION/YOUTH MINISTRY ASSISTANT
HOLY FAMILY CHURCH, SOUTH PASADENA
Brief Job Description:
Holy Family Church, South Pasadena is seeking a full-time Confirmation/Youth Ministry Assistant. The Assistant reports to the Director of Confirmation/Youth Ministry. The position is responsible for fostering Christian community through building relationships with young people, as well as their parents and sponsors, which strengthen their commitment to the Church and growth in faith in Jesus Christ. The primary focus is on sustaining our vibrant Middle School, High School and Confirmation programs, supporting the liturgical life for the youth church and providing opportunities for service to others at church, with the archdiocese, in the community and on our mission trips. The successful candidate must be a team player, a practicing Roman Catholic, and understand and live the Holy Family mantra that “All are Welcome”.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- College Degree
- Passion for and ability to engage with middle and high school youth
- National Certificate in Youth Ministry, and Catholic Leadership Institute training from Archdiocese (or willingness to complete these two programs)
- Excellent administrative/secretarial/office skills
- Excellent computer skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Willingness to travel on mission trips, nationally and internationally
- Meet the Safeguard the Children Requirements, Archdiocesan Guidelines, Virtus, and LiveScan
Please send resume and brief cover letter to: Dawn Ponnet, Director of Faith Formation at firstname.lastname@example.org.