Holy Family’s Prayers for Children is a ministry for all faiths and denominations. It springs from a deep concern for all children especially those trying to survive in deplorable conditions – children whose lives appear disposable.
The goals are:
• to promote worldwide prayer for all children, especially the most vulnerable,
• to increase understanding and acceptance of all children
• to open the hearts of those who disregard human life, and
• to encourage acts of charity and justice among all peoples.
Because it takes the whole world to pray for children, all are invited to pray on the 15th of each month, in any way, alone or in community, for all children at home and abroad (mark your calendar or set an alarm on your cell phone.)
There are no committees, no meetings and no money involved – just the power of prayer!
“When we choose indifference we betray our world. Yet the world is not decided by action alone. It is decided by consciousness and spirit. The spirit of a time is incredibly subtle, yet hugely powerful force. And it is comprised of a mentality and spirit of all individuals together.
There is a huge forcefield that opens when intention focuses and directs itself toward transformation. There is incredible power in the mind when it directs itself toward an object. Blessing as powerful and positive intention can transform situations and people.” -John O’Donohue: To Bless the Space Between Us
Joining Us In Prayer
In the United States, Prayers for Children has been introduced in over 40 states. Prayers for Children has expanded globally as well. Joining us are people in: Italy, India, Brazil, England, Nicaragua, Spain, Ireland, the Philippines, Taiwan, Argentina, Mexico, Ghana, Congo, Germany Zambia, Canada, Nigeria, Australia, South Africa, Belgium Uganda, Guatemala, Peru, and Poland.
Joined in prayer are persons who are Buddhist, Catholic, Chinese Christian, Christian, Disciples of Christ, Congregationalist, Episcopalian, Jewish, Mormon, Methodist, Zen, Muslim and Presbyterian. Many people who are not affiliated with any specific church make an effort to think positively about children on the 15th of the month.
Religious and social organizations introduced to Prayers for Children include Convents, Monasteries, Abbeys, Girl Scout Troops, Women’s Clubs, a police station, Women at the Well, a Moms’ Prayer Group, Altar Societies, and schools and many more.
Prayers for Children has been translated into Chinese, Spanish, Portuguese, French, Arabic, and Braille. Please let us know of any other people, groups, churches and school that will join us in prayer. See Downloads for the different languages currently available.
Our spirit of oneness and focused power of blessings for children and youth can expand into action. It can be a personal commitment to help children. It can be donating to a charity of your choice.
What you can do to help:
• Join in prayer for the world’s children on the 15th of each month, in any way, alone or in community, for all children at home and abroad. Mark your calendar or set an alarm on your cell phone to remind you.
• Invite family and friends to join in this prayer.
• “Like” the Prayers for Children FB page (we’ll insert PfC FB link here)
• Challenge Holy Family parishioners with FB pages to post the monthly prayer intention on their page. E-mail the monthly intention to 10 or more people, churches or organizations (list of organizations and monthly intention would be sent to you).
• Translate the Prayers for Children brochure into even more languages like Polish, German, Italian, Russian or Swahili.
For more information or to learn more about helping to “spread the word” about Holy Family’s Prayers for Children Ministry, please contact: Donna Gibson – email@example.com
The challenge is to Holy Family parishioners who have facebook and are willing to post, email the monthly intention to 10 or more people, or churches or organizations. They would get a list of 10 or more and I would send them the intention each month for posting.