The Soup and Cinema team with the leadership of Fr. Anthony Scannell, OFMCap., Spiritual Director of Catholics In Media, will present films for Lent viewing and discussion. A simple soup dinner will begin at 6:00 p.m. followed by an abridged viewing of the film at 7:00 p.m., and discussion. The evening closes at about 9:00 p.m. Admission is free; freewill offerings supports the St. Vincent dePaul Society. Soup and Cinema is held at the St. Joseph Center. Enrich your Fridays in Lent!
Schedule for 2017
- March 3: Zootopia In a city of anthropomorphic animals, a rookie bunny cop and a cynical con artist fox must work together to uncover a conspiracy.
- March 10: Sully The story of Chesley Sullenberger, an American pilot who became a hero after landing his damaged plane on the Hudson River in order to save the flight’s passengers and crew.
- March 17: The Quiet Man A retired American boxer returns to the village of his birth in Ireland, where he finds love.
March 24: Risen In 33 AD, a Roman Tribune in Judea is tasked to find the missing body of an executed Jew rumored to have risen from the dead.
- March 31: The Letters A drama that explores the life of Mother Teresa through letters she wrote to her longtime friend and spiritual advisor, Father Celeste van Exem over a nearly 50-year period.
- April 7: Nothing Sacred Kevin Anderson plays Father Ray, a passionate
priest/teacher who questions his calling, his existence, and his faith as he deals with the problems of the poor and the troubled. This episode of the television show features the Easter Vigil.