The Welcome Center is an extension of the Altar, the table of the Lord. The Ministry at the Welcome Center extends welcome and offers help to seekers and parishioners looking for a community of faith, looking for information, looking for the touch of the Body of Christ.
About the Welcome Center
Ministry at the Welcome Center is unique. The Welcome Center is the first lifeline to the parish for many new parishioners and seekers who just stop in one Sunday morning. It is a place where stories are shared, information and connections made so that one can be more involved in one or more of the many ministries in our parish.
The Welcome Center, located in the Gathering Area, is open on most Sundays (weather permitting) from 7:30 a.m. until approximately 2:00 p.m. In a spirit of hospitality and community-building, the center is a place where parishioners and visitors can learn about parish life, discover ministry opportunities, and find materials about Archdiocesan, regional, and national events and faith enrichment programs.
The Ministry at the Welcome Center is open to all – women, men, singles, couples, families, youth, young adults, and seniors. If you like to “meet and greet” and are looking for a way to help others learn more about our parish community – then this is the ministry for you!
Volunteer Ministry Opportunities
Purpose of Position
Welcome Center volunteers staff the Holy Family Welcome Center on Sunday mornings.
- Extend a warm greeting to all
- Explain what is available at the Welcome Center
- Offer assistance, distribute information, answer questions
- Maintain the orderliness of the Center
- Replenish supply of materials as needed
- Note questions on log sheet for follow-up by ministries and staff
- Set up and take down, depending on shift
- Desire to serve
- Comfortable meeting and greeting people
- Willingness to learn and keep up to date about parish ministries and organizations, procedures, and resources in order to respond effectively to inquiries and requests for information
Amount of Time Required
- One to one and a half hours each time you serve, depending on shift
When Ministry is Performed
- Sunday morning during scheduled Mass times
- Weekly, once a month, or twice a month, depending on your availability
- Other special occasions, as needed (optional)
What to Wear
Dress comfortably and in a manner that is respectful of your role as a representative of Holy Family Church.
Length of Commitment
Attend one training session; on site thereafter