Trinity Ministry seeks to help Holy Family Parish become a loving, spiritual home for young adults and young families.
We are single, engaged, married, divorced, or widowed and in our 20’s, 30’s, and 40’s. We are young professionals, parents, graduate students, single parents, artists, and workers. We represent many cultures and socioeconomic groups.
We empower one another through spiritual, communal and leadership formation as we help the parish become a community of beloved disciples reaching out to those in need.
Our regular programs involve monthly Masses that are young adult-friendly, followed by “The After Mass” (see below). Other quarterly or yearly events provide opportunities for fellowship, service, or spiritual growth. Here are some upcoming events.
YOUNG ADULT-FRIENDLY MASS,
EVERY 2ND SUNDAY
@ 5:30 p.m.
THE AFTER-MASS (Engaging activities that build community & faith after the 5:30 p.m. Mass every 2nd Sunday):
- July 9th
- August 13th
- September 10th
- October 8th (*Parish Fair*)
- November 12th
- December 10th
CONNECTING BEYOND MASS (Creative experiences of fellowship, service, and prayer):
- July 24 – 7:30 PM – Taize Prayer Service – A reflective prayer experience with live instrumental music and chanting in a candlelit environment.
- July 29 – 9:30 AM – St. Francis Center Service Project – Helping those in need by distributing food at the St. Francis Center Food Pantry in downtown Los Angeles (sign up here).
- August 26 – 7:00 PM – Havana Night – A fun, lively evening of Latin music, dancing, and fellowship (see flyer below). $10 pre-sale tickets NOW AVAILABLE! Click HERE (scroll down to bottom of payment page to find “Trinity Young Adult Ministry”).
- September 9 – 6:00 PM – Night at the Dodgers – Saturday night baseball (the 2nd annual “Catholic Night at Dodger Stadium”). RSVP to email@example.com by Aug. 25th to reserve your spot!
- October 21 – 7:00 PM – Java, Jazz, and Jesus (JJJ) – An evening of warm ambiance, relaxing music, and meaningful conversations with Fr. Tri Dinh, SJ.
Anytime — Contact Marisa below if you are interested in a Faith Sharing Group.
CONNECTING BEYOND HOLY FAMILY (Other ways to grow in faith and fellowship with the Los Angeles young adult community):
- LA Archdiocese Young Adult Ministry: Check out what’s being offered on the archdiocesan level, including service opportunities and special events. www.la-archdiocese.org/org/ore/yam/
- Christus Ministries: An Ignatian-based ministry that helps bridge young adults and the church through a variety of events and services (retreats, faith sharing, leadership formation, service, etc.). http://www.christusministries.org/
Please contact Marisa Moonilal (Young Adult Ministry Coordinator) at firstname.lastname@example.org or (626) 403-6149 for more information or to get connected!