Mission and Vision
Trinity Ministry seeks to help Holy Family Church provide a loving, spiritual home for young adults and young families.
We are single, engaged, married, divorced, or widowed and in our 20s, 30s, and 40s. We are young professionals, parents, graduate students, single parents, artists, and workers.
We cultivate a safe place for everyone to be truly themselves, to connect genuinely through Christ-centered fellowship, and to grow fully by serving others. We empower one another through spiritual, communal, and leadership formation as we help the parish fulfill its mission to be “a welcoming, Eucharistic community of disciples of Jesus Christ, connecting faith with life and reaching out to those in need.”
Our regular programs include monthly masses that are young-adult friendly, followed by “2nd Sundays.” Other monthly, quarterly, or yearly events provide opportunities for fellowship, service, spiritual growth, and leadership formation. [UPDATE, 3/16/20: Please see below for a special message regarding current virtual and modified opportunities with us during the current health crisis.]
Below are some upcoming opportunities. We hope you can join us! Sign up for our monthly newsletter and email updates to keep in-touch too – CLICK HERE!
|Marisa Moonilal – Young Adult Ministry Coordinator|
|Office: Holy Family Eden Center|
|1520 Fremont Ave|
|South Pasadena, CA 91030|
A SPECIAL MESSAGE…
Please know of our love and support as we face these challenging times together. You have been on the hearts and in the prayers of our team and parish community!
For those of you who are Holy Family parishioners, we hope you are aware of the parish’s responses to the current COVID-19 crisis and that the Archdiocese of Los Angeles announced all public Masses are suspended until further notice. To ensure information is shared as widely and as accurately as possible, however, please continue to visit the specific sites related to the novel coronavirus like the ADLA page, Holy Family page, and reliable news and health sources. We reiterate that all parish activities are suspended until further notice, with only a few essential exceptions (live streamed Mass, pastoral visits for urgent anointing of the sick, etc.). There is also a parish page for prayer resources that will be continually updated.
Most importantly, though, we want to convey our desires to continue to be in community with you and at least supportive of you spiritually, now and into the future. Trinity’s S.A.L.T. met for an emergency meeting on March 12th to discuss how we can creatively do so. (Don’t worry, we kept the necessary 6-feet distance or called in.) Below are some of the ways we’re staying in-touch and providing resources for spiritual nourishment:
- A Trinity podcast on interesting, uplifting topics
- Book clubs with discussions through Zoom (email us if you’d like to participate)
- Trinity Fellowship weekly gatherings for community and games using Zoom, House Party, or other free platforms
- Trinity “Pen Pals”–We pair you with a new friend to connect via email or other means!
- Increased social media presence with opportunities for greater engagement…including more stories, videos, and Instagram Live offerings and…
- Discussion and prayer requests through a new Community Group via our Facebook page (now active!)
- Continually updated resources for growth listed below under “Spiritual Growth Opportunities”
- Other great ideas you share with us!
As a parish staff member, I will continue working but will be doing so remotely from home (greetings from my kitchen table!). If you need to reach me via phone, please contact me on my Google Voice line at 714-451-6112.
Continued prayers and love in Christ,
on behalf of Trinity’s SALT
(Servants as Leaders Team)
Erin A, Erin C, Diana, Joe, Vianney, & myself
Calendar of Upcoming Events
Engaging activities that build community & faith, plus…
YOUNG-ADULT FRIENDLY MASS @ 5:30 PM
every 2nd Sunday of the month
Please stay tuned for updates on when we will be able to resume “Second Sundays” and all other Trinity events.
OTHER FELLOWSHIP OPPORTUNITIES
Join our new Trinity Facebook GROUP for virtual community! This platform is a way to continue to be connected, to voice prayer requests, and to grow through discussion (especially during this time of physical distancing).
LINK & PASSWORD: Due to Zoom hacking, etc., please contact us (email, social media direct messages, etc.) for the links and passwords for the gatherings. Only our meeting hosts will be allowed to share their screens and all participants will first be placed in the “waiting room” when first joining to prevent unrecognized accounts from accessing the space. Thank you for understanding and cooperating as we work to create safe spaces for our community!
Please make sure you create a Zoom account and have a working webcam and audio before joining. Let us know if you need help!
Have an idea for a hangout? Always wanted to do that cool thing in L.A. but wanted a group to do it with? Great! You plan and organize the event. We’ll help promote and attend! Just email Marisa to share your idea and get the ball rolling.
SPIRITUAL GROWTH OPPORTUNITIES
Resources for spiritual growth:
- Catholic Climate Covenant resources for prayer and action to care for God’s creation
- Creighton University Online Ministries (online retreats, reflections, & other resources)
- Talks for reflection from this year’s Religious Education Congress
- USCCB’s “Forming Consciences for Faithful Citizenship” document & videos for prayer and reflection during this election season
- Ignatian Solidarity Network’s weekly “Solidarity on Tap” online reflection & gathering
Other ways to help during the COVID-19 Crisis:
- LACatholic: Monetary Donations
- Fuel the Front Line: Care packages for first responders
- Everytable: Meals
- Masksnow: Volunteer to make or request masks
- Food Pantries around your areas
- CA has launched a hotline to deliver services and help for older Californians.
- CALL: 1-833-544-2374.
- Angel Food: Social Media Campaign
- Redcross: Donate blood
- Homeboy Industries
- LA Animals Services: Adopt, Foster a pet
- New hotline and volunteer effort for LA’s neediest or call 855-423-6780
Please contact us if you’re interested in joining our Service Committee to help select and organize service opportunities.
The church needs your gifts and skills! If you are interested in being a lector, a Trinity committee member or co-chair, or serving with Trinity in other ways (food team, environment, one-time event leader, mentoring, etc.), please sign up HERE! For more information about what’s involved in being a Trinity committee member or co-chair, please see our “2018 Committees” document.
Our New SALT (Servants As Leaders Team)!
CONNECTING BEYOND HOLY FAMILY
Other ways to grow in faith & fellowship with the young adult community
Caritas is a retreat experience that has helped over 1,700 (including many in Trinity!) explore God’s love and voice in their lives through relationships with those around them. This Catholic retreat, grounded on Ignatian spirituality, will be guided by Fr. Tri M. Dinh, SJ, a number of Jesuits, and lay ministers of Christus Ministries. It is open to all. For more information and to register, visit the retreat web page.
Christus Ministries: An Ignatian-based ministry that helps bridge young adults and the church through a variety of events and services (retreats, faith sharing, leadership formation, service, etc.).
San Gabriel Region Young Adult Ministry: There are lots of opportunities offered throughout the region! See what else is going on with other parishes, ministries, and groups.