Trinity Ministry seeks to help Holy Family Church become a loving, spiritual home for young adults and young families.
We are single, engaged, married, divorced, or widowed and in our 20’s, 30’s, and 40’s. We are young professionals, parents, graduate students, single parents, artists, and workers. We represent many cultures and socioeconomic groups.
We empower one another through spiritual, communal and leadership formation as we help the parish become a community of beloved disciples reaching out to those in need.
Our regular programs include monthly masses that are young-adult friendly, followed by “The After Mass” (see below). Other quarterly or yearly events provide opportunities for fellowship, service, or spiritual growth. Here are some upcoming events.
YOUNG-ADULT FRIENDLY MASS,
EVERY 2ND SUNDAY
@ 5:30 p.m.
THE AFTER-MASS (Engaging activities that build community & faith after the 5:30 p.m. Mass every 2nd Sunday):
- September 10th
- October 8th (*Parish Fair*)
- November 12th
- December 10th
- January 14th
- February 11th
- March 11th
- April 8th
- May 13th
- June 10th
CONNECTING BEYOND MASS (Creative experiences of fellowship, service, and prayer):
- September 23- 8:30am-1pm- Christus Ministries Day of Service – Come join our partner in ministry, Christus Ministries, as we help fill backpacks for children in need in the community of El Florido (Tijuana, Mexico). Lunch will be provided. For more information and to register, please visit http://www.christusministries.org/events/backpack.
- September 30 – 9:30 AM – St. Francis Center Service Project – Helping those in need by serving at the St. Francis Center Food Pantry in downtown Los Angeles (sign up here).
- October 21 – 7:00 PM – Java, Jazz, and Jesus (JJJ) – An evening of warm ambiance, relaxing music, and meaningful conversations with Fr. Tri Dinh, SJ on the topic “Does God play hide and seek?” Please register here.
Anytime — Contact Marisa below if you are interested in a faith sharing group.
CONNECTING BEYOND HOLY FAMILY (Other ways to grow in faith and fellowship with the Los Angeles young adult community):
- LA Archdiocese Young Adult Ministry: Check out what’s being offered on the archdiocesan level, including service opportunities and special events. www.la-archdiocese.org/org/ore/yam/
- Christus Ministries: An Ignatian-based ministry that helps bridge young adults and the church through a variety of events and services (retreats, faith sharing, leadership formation, service, etc.). http://www.christusministries.org/
Please contact Marisa Moonilal (Young Adult Ministry Coordinator) at email@example.com or (626) 403-6149 for more information or to get connected!