Jesus is the Reason for the Season!
Advent and Christmas Volunteer Opportunities for you and your family
A great way to “give back” over the holidays
- Decorate the church for Advent and Christmas! You don’t need expertise in decorating, simply a willing heart and hands to help. Volunteers needed in early December 3, 4,6th and especially the morning of December 24th
- Elves needed!
- Dec. 17th – hand out gifts to children/families (7:30 to 11:00 – milk and cookies provided! J )
- Dec. 10th – Dec. 14th answer door at Giving Bank to receive gifts/donations (9:00 am to 3:00 pm, 1 – 3+ hour shifts welcomed)
- Organize gifts for “adopt-a-families” at the Giving Bank- throughout December
- Greet customers at Holy Family’s Bookstore for an hour or two on weekdays and on Sundays
- Wrap gifts at Bookstore on Sundays in December
- Saturday, December 15th – after the 5:00 pm mass, help with set-up, serving and clean-up for annual tamale dinner (prior to our Advent Choir concert)
- December 24th morning– prepare Holy Family church, the Parish Hall and St. Joseph Center for our Christmas Mass Celebrations
If you and or your families are interested in volunteering or learning more about these opportunities, please contact Mary Schimmoller, Volunteer Coordinator by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, or phone # 626-403-6113
More Advent posts:
- A Christmas message from our Parish Life Director
- About Advent – “Our Lord is coming!”
- Advent and Christmas OnLine Prayerbook
- Advent Opportunities
- Families still need Adopting for Christmas
- Join the Celebration here at Holy Family!
- Sunday Bulletin, Fourth Sunday of Advent 12-23-12
- The Solemnity of Mary, Mother of God – January 1
- Third Sunday in Advent, December 16, 2012