Dear Parishioners and Friends of Holy Family,
During this joyous season of preparation for the coming of the Christ Child, I am reminded again of the many things to be thankful for. Even though the pandemic has disrupted everyone’s lives and caused great hardship for many, we know that God’s love never fails us. Not only did God make us in his image and likeness, but he sent his Son into our midst to show us His love.
I am particularly thankful for each of you and the ways in which you have so lovingly shared yourselves, your time, your gifts and your resources with our wonderful parish. Holy Family remains a beacon of faith, hope and love for so many because of you.
In the spirit of joy and thanksgiving of this season, I invite you to join us for some or all of the events we have planned at Holy Family to help you to celebrate Advent in preparation for the great Feast of Christmas. You will find more information here on our website at https://holyfamily.org/. You can also subscribe to receive weekly emails from Holy Family about what is happening in the parish by visiting: https://holyfamily.org/.
- Advent Wreath blessing and lighting
- Each Sunday during Advent at our outdoor, in-person and livestreamed
- 8:00 a.m., 9:30 a.m. and 11:15 a.m. Masses
- Let’s Advent Together–Join our Zoom community with your friends and neighbors
Sundays in Advent, 5:00 p.m.-6:00 p.m. on Zoom
- Holy Family Tree Lighting and Blessing
Sunday, November 29th at 5 p.m. (Outdoors and In-Person)
- Ignatian Advent Retreat with Sr. Leanne Hubbard, SND
Saturday, December 5th at 10 a.m. via Zoom
- Immaculate Conception, Holy Day Mass
Tuesday, December 8th at 8:15 a.m. (Livestreamed only)
- Special Mass for our Seniors (in lieu of the Annual Senior Brunch)
Tuesday, December 8th at 11 a.m. (Outdoors and In-person under the Holy Family tent)
- Mary, Mother of Unity and Healing: Our Lady of Guadalupe Presentation
Thursday, December 10th at 7 p.m. via Zoom with Ernesto Vega
- The Birth of Jesus in Art and History Presentation
Wednesday, December 16th at 7 p.m. via Zoom with Dr. John Madden
- Advent Reconciliation Service
Tuesday, December 15th at 7 p.m. (Livestreamed only)
We also need your help to support those most in need, including the Embracing the Beginning of Life Ministry Foster All Christmas Drive (you can make a donation to purchase a gift for a foster child by December 12th), Trinity Ministry Hygiene Supplies Drive for LA Mission (drop off supplies to the Eden Center before December 12th) and the Giving Banks’ Adopt A Family program (you can purchase gift cards for families this Christmas).
Blessings to you and yours during this joyful celebration of the coming of our Lord,
Parish Life Director