Lenten Bible Study
Starts February 10th
Meeting ID: 897 7572 2560
Informal discussion on the readings and sharing about the Journaling begins at 6:40pm
The formal Bible Study begins at 7:00pm each Wednesday beginning on February 10th.
- February 10, Week 1, Look at Ash Wednesday Readings
- Joel 2:12-18
- Psalm 51 Be Merciful of Lord, for we have sinned
- II Corinthians 5:20—6:2
- Matthew 6: 1-18 (6:1-6, 16-18)
- February 17, Week 2, Look at First Sunday in Lent
- Genesis 9:8-15
- Psalm 25 Your ways, O Lord, are love and truth to those who keep your covenant
- I Peter 3:18-22
- Mark 1:12-15
- February 24, Week 3, Look at Second Sunday in Lent
- Genesis 22:1-18 (22:1-2, 9a, 10-13, 15-18)
- Psalm 116 I will walk before the Lord, in the land of the living.
- Romans 8:31b-34
- Mark 9:2-10
- Video of the session
- March 3, Week 4, Look at Third Sunday in Lent (Cycle B)
- Exodus 20:1-17
- Psalm 19 Lord, you have the words of everlasting life.
- I Corinthians 1:22-25
- John 2:13-25
- March 10, Week 5, Look at Fourth Sunday in Lent (Cycle B)
- II Chronicles 36:12-13 (II Chronicles 36: 14-16, 19-23)
- Psalm 137 Let my tongue be silenced, if I ever forget you!
- Ephesians 2:4-10
- John 3:14-21
- March 17, Week 5, Look at Fifth Sunday in Lent (Cycle B)
- Jeremiah 31:31-24
- Psalm 51 Create a clean heart in me, O God.
- Hebrews 5:7-9
- John 12:20-33
- March 24, Week 6, Look at Palm Sunday (Cycle B)
- Mark 11:1-10
- Isaiah 50:4-7
- Psalm 22 My God, my God why have you abandoned me?
- Philemon 2:6-11
- Mark 14:1—15:47
Mission Statement: To make disciples of Jesus Christ in our communities through caring, prayerful, in-depth Bible study, available to all.
The Holy Scripture is the Word of God to us. But prayers are the words of men. How do prayers then get into the Bible? Let us make no mistake about it, the Bible is the Word of God even in the Psalms. If we want to read and to pray the prayers of the Bible and especially the Psalms, therefore, we must not ask first what they have to do with us, but what they have to do with Jesus Christ. We must ask how
Upcoming Bible Studies
In the Spring we will look at Acts of the Apostles
Thanks to everyone who helped us make decisions regarding the choices for our Bible Study!
Watch this space for the session dates and other important information.
Any questions please call Dawn Ponnet at (626)403-6128 email@example.com
Holy Family Catholic Church 1527 Fremont Ave South Pasadena, CA 91030