I pray that you and your family are staying healthy as we continue this global journey through the pandemic. I feel so incredibly blessed to be part of this community of faith. I am especially grateful to our priests and parish and school staff for responding with extraordinary dedication and creativity to changing the ways in which we serve and minister to you.
I am equally grateful to you, our parishioners, for the emails, letters and texts of support you have been sending to us, and for your prayers, as well as for your offers of help and continued financial support. Together, we can keep moving forward, united as the Body of Christ.
I thought you would like to know a few facts about what we’ve accomplished in the last three weeks of March. With your help and support, the community of Holy Family is acting as Christ’s hands and feet:
- We have welcomed more than 10,000 visitors to our livestreamed Masses.
- We now have more than 7000 subscribers to our daily emails.
- We are reaching out to over 750 seniors by phone in our parish community.
- We have distributed food to 375 seniors and families.
- We are serving lunch to 45 homeless people every day and providing showers and fresh clothing once a week.
- We are working with several food pantries and parishes to help them in a time of pressing need. In the first three weeks of our “new normal”, we shared 7600 pounds of food with them, reaching thousands of people who would otherwise go hungry.
Thank you to each of you! Together, we are making a difference in the world.
Blessings of peace and health,
Parish Life Director