There are two types of Eucharistic Ministers at Holy Family Church. One type of Eucharistic Minister assists at daily and Sunday Masses distributing Eucharist to the congregation. The other type of Eucharistic Minister is a Eucharistic Minister for Pastoral Care who visits the sick, elderly and the homebound once a week. The visit includes a short prayer service where Eucharist is celebrated.
Eucharistic Minister for Pastoral Care
Purpose of Position
Bring Eucharist to the homebound, or those in the hospital, a skilled nursing facility, or retirement community.
- Practicing Catholic and a Holy Family parishioner
- Loving and compassionate heart
- Good communication and people skills
- Honest and trustworthy
- Willing to give the time needed to serve in this ministry
- Interview and screening process prior to being accepted to serve in this ministry
- Virtus certification
Amount of Time Required
One hour once a week.
When Ministry is Performed
Monday through Sunday, depending on individual schedules.
What to Wear
Length of Commitment
Until the person is well and is able to come to Sunday Eucharist and/or until the person passes away. Ongoing communication is required and necessary.
Mentoring with the Director of Pastoral Care on visitations six to eight times.
Director of Pastoral Care