Holy Family Adult Confirmation Sacramental Preparation provides a lively and welcoming process for adults to complete the Sacraments of Initiation.
The Adult Confirmation process is a fun interactive opportunity for Catholics who have not had the opportunity to receive the sacrament of Confirmation to complete their full initiation into the Catholic Church. This ten-week process emphasizes the basics of Catholic teaching respecting the adult audience’s many concerns, questions and responsibilities. Some of the topics include the Trinity, sacraments, prayer, and morality. The last session is a retreat-like evening of prayer, reflecting on the seven gifts of the Holy Spirit.
Sessions are weekly, in the evening, during the winter months. The Confirmation celebration takes place annually, during the Easter season, and is arranged in accordance with the Bishop’s calendar. We are taking information for the the sessions that will begin Winter 2020.
To express your interest in Adult Confirmation 2020, please complete and submit the Adult Confirmation Interview Form.
To view the schedule of sessions click here
Requirements for Adult Confirmation Preparation
• A Roman Catholic adult who has received first Eucharist.
• A copy of Baptismal Certificate
• One must select a sponsor to accompany them in the preparation process.
Requirements for Sponsors
• A sponsor must be a confirmed Catholic who lives their faith and is willing to accept the privilege of supporting their candidate during the Confirmation preparation and beyond.
• A sponsor may not be the candidate’s parent.
Dawn Ponnet, Director of Faith Formation